When it comes to a lovebirds, we will have to give extra attention. These parrots need company and love. These are two essential requirements in the care of lovebirds .
So, in addition to basic care, this bird needs a sociable environment. It is extremely important that you can interact with you and your partner throughout the day. They need to be accompanied at all times and they will always need affection.
For this reason, below we will tell you what the Agapornis care is . In this way you will keep your bird in good condition. You will not lack anything and you can share happily.
Care of the lovebirds
So that your lorito is always happy, the best thing you can do is follow each of the tips that we will give you below. They are simple they will help you to the optimal state of your pet.
- For there to be a greater affective bond between your Agapornis and you, the best thing you can do is buy one with 20 days old. This age is perfect for the bird to get used to your presence quickly.
- You have to be very careful with feeding the bird. Once it ceases to be a baby it must maintain another type of diet; this occurs at 40 days old. Once you have completed 40 days we should reduce the number of times you feed a day.
- When the Agapornis is only a baby, it is best to keep it in a warm space. It will be enough to have a medium box, with a straw floor and a small space with fabric so you can sleep. We should avoid direct light and air currents. When the Agapornis is a chick it is very delicate and the environment can affect it negatively.
- Once the 40 days have passed, the bird will be able to eat special feed for the care of the lovebirds and should have a container of water so that they can drink whenever they want.
- When it exceeds 40 days it will be best to change it to a cage. This must be spacious so that the parrot can move with total comfort. He must have water and I think of Agapornis . It also has to have special sand on the ground so that the feces of the bird disintegrate properly.
Feeding the Agapornis
When the bird is fully developed, the food can be varied and we can offer various fruits and vegetables. I will eat seeds and feed. Calcium in egg shells is quite profitable.
Honey bars are an excellent supplement for your diet . Millet tablets also love them, plus they learn how to properly peel millet.
It is extremely important not to give avocado at any time. This can be toxic to the lovebirds and can cause terrible discomfort. Apart from the avocado, lovebirds can eat fruits such as banana, apples, peaches, pears and vegetables such as lettuce, carrots, cucumbers, etc.
Because it is a tropical bird, it is necessary to offer an environment that suits its nature. Sunlight is very important for them, it is convenient to put them on the balcony or in the patio during the day. So the sun’s rays will be used by the parrot.
When it’s winter, the best thing you can do is put a light bulb nearby to give you all the heat you need. Thanks to its condition as a tropical bird, this pet needs to refresh its plumage constantly.
For this, it is enough to put a bathtub inside the cage. You can also spray the bird with an atomizer from the top of the cage, this way we will prevent it from freaking out.
The lovebirds are loving with humans and with the parrots of their same species, but they do not behave well with other types of birds. The Agapornis cage should be reserved only for them. You should not share it with parrots, canaries or another type of feathered friend.
For the bird to reproduce, it is only necessary to have a nest inside the cage, it should be cozy and warm. If you do not want to have chicks all you have to do is not place the nest in the cage, so you will prevent them from reproducing.
The lovebirds are sociable birds and the best thing is always to adopt them as a couple so they can socialize and entertain themselves as they should.
Now you know all about the lovebirds . By putting into practice each of our tips we assure you that the bird will feel better than ever. Remember to take the parrot to the vet at least once every three months. This is extremely important in the care of the Agapornis . The opinion of a specialist will never be otherwise.