Do you want to have a canary, but you do not find a cage that convinces you? We have analyzed the best cages for canaries in the market and we have found the ones with the best quality for their materials, their good price and because they give a lot of space to these birds that, when they are happy, sing very well, cheering the whole place.
The most comfortable cages are the largest. The fact is that small birds also require an aviary that allows them to fly .
In addition to a decent size, you will notice with the use that there are certain characteristics that give value to us as owners and not to the animal. As they are a base for the easy-to-clean excrement deposit and external access to your food trays.
You should also look for a firm structure made of stainless steel or a metallic material that does not wear out so quickly with the pecking and claws.
And finally, having a good cage means having the necessary time to maintain it, since it is an investment that must be taken care of especially for the animal’s health.
10 Best Cages for Canaries
If you are looking for an economic cage and not too big for your canaries, this model may interest you.
To begin with, the design is quite attractive, especially if we consider its low price. To this we must add that it has a removable tray for greater comfort when cleaning the cage.
I like this model because the cage has materials that are not aggressive to birds. For example, it has not been made with lead, which means that we are talking about a cage that is not toxic. If you do not want to spend a lot of money, this cage can be a good option.
A cage that I liked a lot from the beginning. It is true that it can be used with any type of bird that is not large, but it is a good option for canaries.
The cage will arrive disassembled, but I can assure you that the installation and assembly will be really simple. It also has some materials that are very easy to clean, that is, with a pass you can eliminate the waste generated by the bird.
The materials have passed all safety tests, that is, with this cage your pets can not suffer any damage. It also has a system of double doors that are independent. This is a simple detail that I liked a lot.
3. Double canaries
This cage model is perfect for people looking for a cage that can separate their canaries in two different cages easily. Moreover, it also has the advantage of the price, since it is one of the cheapest in the market.
Despite being a double cage, you can remove the grid wall that is in the middle and convert the cage into a larger one so that your canaries have more space to move around.
Each cage has its own feeders, but does not have drinking troughs, that is, you will have to buy them separately so that your canaries can drink water and be well hydrated.
Another variety of small cage with a pretty nice design. It has several bars so that your canaries can go up and down at will and enjoy a more entertaining life inside the cage.
The cleaning of the cage is quite simple, thanks in part to the fact that it has a tray that can be easily removed. To this we must add a special coating to prevent the canary can take the feed out of the cage while eating. And remember, this cage includes two bars and two feeders.
If you are looking for a large cage so that your canaries can have plenty of space to move around, this model will interest you, both in size and price. What’s more, you can buy it in the shape of a rectangle or with a roof.
The quality of the cage is very good, without forgetting that your canaries will not suffer any damage inside. It also has two doors to make things easier if you have to put your hand inside the cage.
One thing that has caught my attention is that it has wheels to move the cage from one place to another more easily.
6. Breeding of Canaries
This cage has a large number of small cages together. It is an option to have different species of birds or in the same place or for the breeding of canaries.
Each cage is separated from the others by a separation bar. This means that you can remove it and make each of the cages larger. And for you to get used to the idea, in each individual cage you can live without problems up to two canaries. They also have their own feeder and bars so they can go up.
If you are looking for a large cage for your canaries and that in turn is beautiful, I recommend you consider this model. Personally I like my canaries too, because they have a lot of space to move around.
It is true that the cage comes unmounted, but the assembly is not complicated. Moreover, it has some good instructions that will help you a little more in the assembly.
The cage comes quite complete. It has 4 bars so your birds can go up and down, a swing, 4 feeders and a tray that can be removed. This tray is made of plastic. What does not enter are the drinking fountains. Do not forget to buy them when you make the purchase.
8. Green canaries
If you have a low budget and want to buy your canaries a small and cheap cage, this option can be a good option.
Among other things, it has two buttocks so that the birds can have a little more space to move around. And the truth is that the cage is not too big.
When buying the cage you should know that you can not only buy it in green, you can buy it in other colors blue, violet, white or black.
9. Standard canaries
If you have one or two canaries and you want them to be happy, this cage will offer them the comfort and space they need to have a comfortable life.
The quality of the materials is good, although you can see in the image, the cage is not the most modern. It has a traditional design.
The cage is accompanied by four bars that will make it easier for the birds to move around the cage. And if you want them to have fun, I recommend buying a swing. And as is usually the case, the cage includes the feeders, but the feeder must be purchased separately.
To finish the list I want to talk about a cage with a different design, but that in turn will give your pet enough space to move.
This cylindrical cage is perfect to put on a flat surface to hang it from the wall. On the other hand, the canary will be quite comfortable in the cage. This has several bars that you can put them to your liking and a swing to be entertained.
The quality of the materials is good, while cleaning is not complicated, which is appreciated.
Tips for buying a cage for canaries
When buying a cage for canaries, we not only have to take into account the design, but we also have to take into account a series of guidelines. In this way we will buy a suitable model for our canaries. And the only objective is to ensure that they can be as comfortable as possible.
The first thing you should look at is the size of the cages for canaries . Personally, I recommend buying the largest possible cage so that your canaries can have as much space as possible. But I am clear that this is not possible due to space problems. In this case you will have to see what type of cage is best suited to your needs by size.
The gaps between the bars are very important . You always have to make sure they are not too big. This way you will avoid that your canaries can take off their heads and get caught. Keep in mind that if they take the head and then can not get it, they will force to get it and they can injure themselves.
The shape of the cage for the canaries is important. It is true that in many occasions at the time of making the decision we are carried away by the aesthetic, but we also have to look at the ease of cleaning and comfort for the canary. For this reason, a good option may be to buy a rectangular cage . This variety of cage stands out for being much easier to clean, against the circular ones that are more complicated to clean at 100%. Remember, a cage that is not cleaned properly can cause the appearance of bacteria that end up affecting our canaries.
The materials of the cage should always be of the highest quality . Not only to be sure that the cage will last us as long as possible, but also because we can be sure that the materials are not toxic. It is better to pay a little more, but to have the guarantee that the cage will not be toxic and therefore will kill our Canarians little by little.
And do not forget to keep in mind that the cage will allow you to interact with your canaries. In this way the bird will feel pampered and therefore will have a feeling of greater well-being. That is, he will live longer and be happier.
If you want to buy a cheap canary cage , you will always get the best prices through internet. If you do not want to have to pay extra money, this means is the best option to make the purchase.
When purchasing a canary, the future owner must take into account the following:
- It is essential to locate the cage in the same place always, either inside or outside. What is not convenient is to take it out to the window and put it in when the owner thinks it could be good because the sun rises or the weather is fine. You have to choose either inside or outside but without moving it. Canaries tolerate the cold well so the option of having it on the street is not a problem as long as we adapt it progressively to the temperature.
- It should not be exposed to direct air currents or subject to sudden changes in temperature. The place where the cage is located will be well lit with natural light, but when it gets too hot, direct sunlight should be avoided. The kitchen and bathroom are not good locations because of the fumes and vapors that are usually concentrated in those places. The place where the cage is placed should always be comfortable and accessible to the owner.
- As for hygiene, at the bottom of the cage (the tray) should be placed a blotter, newspaper, wood shavings or cat litter that we change 1 or 2 times a week to prevent odors and accumulate excrement and leftovers of food. It is convenient, although not essential, to change the drinking water every day so that the canary has fresh and new water every day. A bathtub should be placed in the cage at least twice a week so that the canary can bathe and maintain a perfect, full and bright plumage. Do not let the nails and beak grow too large to avoid snagging on the bars or door of the cage, a fact that could end in a serious accident that can even cause the death of the animal.
- The canary should not be let loose by the house under any circumstances, since the window panes, mirrors, chimneys, ornaments, toxic plants (like parsley), windows opened by carelessness or the back of cabinets constitute a serious danger for him (bumps, accidents, leaks, etc.).
- Before giving vegetables, it is advisable to wash them thoroughly with water in case they carry pesticides, at least when they are bought in the greengrocers, and then dry them well before giving them to them.
- In the same cage we can put a pair of canaries that can even reproduce easily, but never two males, since the continuous fights will be assured; in some cases, they can cause the death of one of the two.
- Finally, once a month it is convenient to wash the cage and disinfect it.
The feeding of the Canaries
The feeding of a canary is composed of:
- A good mixture of seeds (mixture) composed of birdseed, hemp, black, nabine, with the option to add white knob, small pipe, flaxseed and oats. It is important to see the expiration date of the containers to avoid expiration and rancidity. In addition, the mixture must be clean, free of dust and be as fresh as possible.
- Bread paste or wet or dry sponge cake moistened with couscous and germinated seeds.
- Various fruits and vegetables such as apple, cucumber, broccoli, orange, lettuce and even some wild grass such as thistle, alsine or fresh buds of fruit trees.
- It is also advisable to put a sepia bone or grit mineral in a feeding trough in a continuous way.